Mrs. Jennifer A. Butchko
Public Relations Coordinator
440.965.5821 ext. 1015
It is my pleasure to welcome you and your family to the Firelands School District!
One of my goals is to make sure that families know how to gather information about what is happening in the buildings. We have multiple ways for you to stay connected to our district.
Please see below for the different choices that might be of interest to you:
• The Firelands Express: A school newspaper that is published 9 times a year. Information about every building, messages from the Superintendent, and general community notices are printed at no cost to our public. This newspaper is also available online at http://www.firelandsschools.org/FirelandsExpress.aspx. If you have not received a copy of the latest Firelands Express, please contact Mrs. Linda Seman @ email@example.com or (440) 965-5821 ext. 1010 to be added to the mailing list.
• The Firelands Schools Website: We have created a website, http://www.firelandsschools.org that is the central location for information sharing for each of our buildings and the community. Areas covered include building notifications, classroom information, teacher, athletics, employment and much more. Please take some time to learn about what is going on within our walls.
• The Blog: Our blog allows us to share articles with our community, fast. The Firelands Local Schools Blog/Keeping our community involved is a great way to receive email or online updates about what is happening this week. Our Blog is designed to share information that can cross any building or age level quickly. The Blog will post information for all of the groups that make FLSD the great place that it is! You can follow the Blog by requesting daily or weekly notification of new posts. If you prefer, you also have the option to simply log on at your own convenience from our homepage or directly at: http://ffalcons.wordpress.com.
• Our E-News Report: Sign up to receive our weekly district updates. You can receive notification via email of the current events separated by building. To be a part of this notification visit our district page and click on the grey Sign Up for our E-Newsletter tab. If you prefer you can visit the page directly at: http://www.firelandsschools.org/protected/PublicUserLogin.aspx. In addition, you can also sign up to receive text message alerts here.
• PowerSchool: PowerSchool is a secure web-based student management system designed to strengthen communication between the school and home by providing parents and legal guardians access to their student's attendance records and academic progress online. By using this program parents will be able to see up-to-date academic results and current grades in each of the student’s classes. If you need technical assistance with the PowerSchool program please contact Mrs. Jackie Swiers, firstname.lastname@example.org or (440) 965-5821 ext. 1024.
• Twitter: Feel free to follow the Firelands Schools @FirelandsFalcon. This is the official Twitter Account for the Firelands School District. The Public Relations department also has its own Twitter account - please follow us @Falcon_update. There are also other twitter accounts associated with the Firelands Schools. Feel free to explore all of the twitter accounts connected to us!
Get connected to Firelands and stay involved with us! If you are new to the district, I am happy that you have trusted us and I welcome you to our growing family! If I can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to contact me.