Standing: Dr. Robert Hill-Superintendent, Mr. Daniel Pycraft, Mr. Dwayne Becker, Mr. Mike O'Keefe, Mr. Brad McCracken-Treasurer
Seated- Dr. Jane Battig, Mr. Ben Gibson
The Board of Education is composed of five members, each elected to four years terms by the registered voters in the district.
The primary responsibility of the Board is to establish purposes, programs and procedures which produce the educational achievement needed by District students. The Board must accomplish this while also being responsible for wise management of resources available to the District. The Board must fulfill these responsibilities by functioning primarily as a legislative body to formulate and adopt policy, by selecting an executive officer to implement policy and by evaluating the results.
In accordance with these principles, the Board seeks to achieve the following goals:
1. To concentrate the Board's collective effort on its policy-making and planning responsibilities:
2. To formulate Board policies which best serve the educational interests of each student;
3. To provide the Superintendent with sufficient and adequate guidelines for implementing Board policies;
4. To maintain effective communication with the school community, the staff and the students in order to maintain awareness of attitudes, opinions, desires and ideas;
5. To allow those responsible for carrying out objectives to contribute to their formation;
6. To conduct Board business openly, soliciting and encouraging broad-based involvement in the decision-making process by public, students and staff and
7. To periodically review its performance relative to the goals.
The Board of Education Office is located at:
112 N. Lake St. South Amherst, Ohio 44001
Phone: 440-965-5821 Fax: 440-986-5990
Dr. Jane Battig
Mr. Ben Gibson
Mr. Dwayne Becker
Mr. Mike O'Keefe
Mr. Daniel Pycraft